Ottawa is one of the top 5 cities to drive for Uber in Canada. Meaning the money you can make driving for Uber in Ottawa is better them many other cities in Canada. Ottawa is the capital of Canada and the heart of federal government. It is also a hub to many students and professionals that do not have their own cars and manly rely on the public transportation and Uber.
How much do Uber drivers make in Ottawa?
Uber drivers in Ottawa are making around $22 per hour, making it one of the top paid cities in Canada to drive for Uber. Drivers working full time in Ottawa are making $57,000 in average, driving for 40 to 50 hours a week. Working only 10 hours a week in pays $220 a week, adding up to $11,400 a year as an extra income to your full time job.
Best places to make the most money driving for Uber in Ottawa:
Needless to say it is the downtown area, but there are some very popular locations:
- Westboro – Westboro Village, big community.
- Bayward Market – outdoor farmers market and popular location with many shops and restaurants.
- University of Ottawa – students.
- Carleton University – more students.
- Rideau Centre – big shopping center.
- TD Place – football arena.
- Ottawa International Airport (YOW).
Best hours and days to make the most money from driving for Uber in Ottawa:
Monday to Friday:
- Morning 5 am to 10 am.
- Evening 4 pm to 8 pm.
Friday and Saturday:
- Friday: 6 pm to 3 am.
- Saturday 4 pm to 3 am.
The video I made was based on one of the drivers, this article is more up to date:
I hope this article will help you answer most of the questions on how much Uber drivers make in Ottawa, best places and hours to drive and more. Please share your stories if you are driving for Uber in Ottawa to help other drivers.
- Top 5 cities to drive for Uber in Canada.
- Students and International Students Driving For Uber.
- How much do Uber Drivers Really Make in Toronto?